Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mike & Beth Visit London

Mike is studying in Israel this year at the Technion in Haifa doing computer science. He spent New Year’s in Eilat, and Pesach with mischpacha. He has been learning a lot of German hanging out with his roommates, Gilad and Julia. The Technion is not noted as a party school, and Mike had been seriously missing the inimitable Beth (who just graduated from Brown), so the two decided to meet in London.

Mike’s trip was almost foiled by the fact that he is technically an Israeli citizen (being the son of an Israeli citizen, me). They did let him out without sending him to do Army service, but it was touch and go. Mike is currently debating between computer science and Egyptology for grad school. Watching him decode relics at the British Musuem gave me much nachas.

Highlights of Mike and Beth’s visit included:
· Dim sum in China town
· Learning to make scones (Beth’s recipe)
· A trip to Borough’s Market to check out the various food stalls
· Lunch at the OXO tower
· Fabulous mother’s day dinner made by Mike and Beth, where Ben was pressed into service as sous chef (for those of you paying attention, that’s five food related items, when you’re with Mike and Beth, you eat well)
· A visit to the National Gallery

Szonyi and I left for Poland mid-visit, which put Mike, tempered by the more compassionate Beth, in charge of Ben. They took Ben out to see The Crucible and then for a late North-African Dinner. The next day, a school day, Mike called Ben in “sick” and they all went out to Dim Sum (again). I am very proud.

I am happiest when I am surrounded by my children. Their interactions with each other and the love, enthusiasm, intelligence, wit and kindness they exude remind me that the best and most important job I’ve ever performed has been as their Mom. My only regret was that David, and his girlfriend Edina could not have joined us at the same time. It is always a treat to be surrounded by all three Greenberg boyz, especially now when it is very rare that I have to prohibit the older two from giving Ben a weggie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home